Side hustles. Where to begin? If you’ve been a long-time reader, you know that side hustling is my thing. I’ve been freelancing for four years (but recently stopped freelancing for something else) and I’ve been blogging for almost two years. My blog is finally bringing in a consistent income (you can check out my latest income report here!) with very little work, so I’m a happy camper!
So, yes, I like side hustling. It’s allowed my family and I to save money, travel, not be on such a tight budget, and even move across the country. I’ll probably side hustle for the rest of my life, if I’m being honest.
But, let’s take a look at my life in the last four years, just real quick:
- Quit my FT job to be a SAHM mom
- Immediately started freelancing
- Had another daughter 16 months later
- Took on a freelance editing job 1 month before she was born
- Moved across the country
- Continued freelancing with two toddlers at home with me
- Started this blog (want to start your own? Here’s my tutorial on starting a profitable blog)
- Moved from an apartment to a rental house
- Started working full-time
- Moved from our rental to our new home we purchased
- Got pregnant with our third baby (another girl!)
- Finally backed off freelancing…
Haha, so, life’s been busy. I’m sure your story looks similar. The past four years have been the best years of my life, and a lot of that IS thanks to side hustling. However, this year I’ve really made an effort to slow down. Life is so short, and I’m not near as focused on making as much money as possible anymore.
In light of my new period of slowing down, I thought it’d be fun to list 11 things I’d rather do than side hustle! Ready? Let’s go.